Mar 6, 2013

ABOUT A FOOT, GIVE OR TAKE



Yup, we got a little under twelve inches of snow last night (give or take in a few areas). Of course, as per usual, my town decided that a two hour delay would suffice, whilst all the other schools in the area were closed. (Alas, I'm not in high school anymore, so I'll say "so long" to snow days -- our school cancels every -- what? -- ten years? Even under two feet of snow.) Heck, we're all used to it already. Every citizen of the Midwest has a second job: driveway shovel-er and/or snow plower. For the amount of snow we got, I finally was able to wear my winter boots, which I've only worn twice this very dry winter. Due to their floral brown design, they're crazy hard to pair with anything, but I decided the chilly weather would give me an excuse if I was totally not matching. So, I paired the design with my stripey dress and a yellow cardi, along with some bunched tan socks on the boots. I think it looked okay, given the weather!





Dress: (unknown, I'll check later)
Tights, socks: Walmart or Target
Belt: Pacsun
Cardigan: Forever 21
Boots: Doc Martens (available here)


Also, these two rings are the only hand jewelry I ever wear. The one on the right (my right hand) is my class ring from high school (it has drama on one side and Gemini on the other) -- I love it and haven't taken it off since I got it my senior year for Christmas. The one on my left is very special to me. Due to my moving five hours away at the end of this semester (transferring colleges), my partner and I decided upon couple's rings for Valentine's Day. Mine was made by Pale Fish NY on Etsy, located here. I love it, so I thought I'd give a shout-out!

Related to this picture also is the fact that my nails are terrible. I've been really wanting to get into nail art and painting my nails, but my skin disorder and my habit of nail biting has always stopped me. So I've decided to use pure want and will to try and stop. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be afraid to comment! I love feedback and that includes feedback from you! If you'd rather send a private message, emails can be sent to my gmail account at thumbelinaswardrobe@gmail.com. Thanks for taking the time to view my blog!