Feb 24, 2013

OL' POLKA DOTS AND A HAIR CUT



Snow is finally melting and the sun has come out for the first time in, like, five days (or maybe I just never noticed the sun because I was curled up in bed with Kleenex and my laptop - aka, ill). I'm finally feeling better, which means pictures...and it would've meant some pictures of my sewing outcomes, but I promise you this: you do not want to see the outcome of my travels in sewing land. It ended badly. If I was a secret agent on a mission, the outcome would've been that everyone died... yeah, that badly. I botched the striped dress, considering getting another one since it was cheap, but not sure if I want to try botching it again. Too scared to fix the other two at the moment, so I'll wait and see how I feel in a few days (if I feel talented in a few days, I should say). Anyway, with the sun out today, we wanted to take some pictures and go outside for a bit -- bad idea. It was bitterly cold.
I decided on black tights and a long skirt, which was warm. Polka dots always look good with solids on bottom or top -- I love that balance. So, I know some people who say that short people shouldn't wear long skirts (the one I'm wearing here is about mid-calf) -- I agree and disagree. I believe that mid-calf skirts can be worn by short people -- under 5'3", as far as I'm concerned -- as long as it goes high on the waist. It makes your legs look a lot longer and I find it quite flattering. I would never wear a mid-calf dress, but skirts aren't quite as bad due to that "lengthening of the legs" balance. My opinion only, though, of course!




Skirt: Modcloth (no longer available)
Dress: Wet Seal (no longer available)
Shirt: JC Penney
Belt: Charlotte Russe (from another dress)
Coat: Calvin Klein (Black Friday, thank you!)
Heels: Ollio Women (Amazon)
Tights: Walmart
Hat and Scarf: Handmade by my mother (big button, yay!)
Jewelry: Vintage (+ Etsy)

By the way, hair cut! Check it. It'll grow out a little and then it'll be perfect!
(I like to spike my hair a little in the front, which is the plan.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't be afraid to comment! I love feedback and that includes feedback from you! If you'd rather send a private message, emails can be sent to my gmail account at thumbelinaswardrobe@gmail.com. Thanks for taking the time to view my blog!